Thursday 9 October 2014

Target Audience

Knowing your target audience one of the most important parts of being an illustrator because if you get that wrong then you wont be aiming your work at the right people and no one will want to buy it. I did some research into the Target market of the Halloween party that my class is planning. Hers is some information that i have collected

  • The target market of this party is university students that attend CCAD.  
  • Students spend on average £9.30 a week on alcohol [1]
  • Students study an art subject. 
  • Not many students live near campus.
These things all have to be taken into consideration when planning the party to make sure it is successful. For example, because not many students live near campus it has to be at a venue that everyone will recognise and because all of the attendants will be university students living off student loans, the drinks prices will have to be kept low. 

After thinking about the parties target audience i decided to think about my own target audience as an aspiring illustrator. These are the things that i took into consideration:

  • the age group that my style suits 
  • the gender
  • how much money they might have to spend 
  • geographic location 
After thinking about all of these  things I decided that my work would suit a younger female audience but would also have to appeal to the young persons parents because often a younger person does not have a disposable income. I feel as though my illustrative style would be more likely to appeal to a female audience because of the feminine colours that i often use. I don't think that the geographic location is too important to my target audience as my style is diverse and could fit in with all different cultures from around the world. 









[1] Nat west student servey, http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/compare-current-accounts/student-account/student-living-index.html (accessed: 06/10/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment